Personal vault in app not syncing

Options

I have just started my trial for teams. I've watched a lot of videos and thought I had everything set up properly. Clearly not :) My app on mac isn't syncing to the browser based account online - I have 30 records so far on the app on my mac hard drive and only 5 records in my vaults online. So on my iphone I only have 5 records as well. I've tried switching browsers but that's not working - what else could it be?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @wonderwright: If you choose 1Password menu on the menubar and select Switch to Vault, do you see Primary as an option there? If so, when you select Primary, do you see those missing items? I ask because a Primary vault does not sync to your 1Password.com account, so if you were using a standalone vault before and didn't migrate your existing items completely or inadvertently set up a Primary vault, this could be the cause of your sync issues. Let us know what you find out! :chuffed:

• wonderwright
    wonderwright
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Thanks. Sadly I don't see** Primary** as an option. I didn't have a stand alone vault before. I started by setting up the Team Trial. When I select Switch to Vault, I see 3 options All Vaults, Angelique Vault (with personal) and The Mighty Shed Vault with private and shared. /Users/angeliquegreen/Desktop/Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 07.49.27.png

• @wonderwright: Ah-ha! It sounds like you may have more than one account signed in here. You can view vaults from multiple accounts in your app, but you can only look at one at time in your browser. Check out your Accounts list in Preferences:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Choose 1Password menu > Preferences and click the Accounts icon.
    3. Take a look at the list of accounts on the left-hand side of that preferences window and let us know if you see more than one.

If you do see more than one, you should be able to access your account details for each and open them individually in your browser. The sign-in details for the account you have selected will display on the right-hand side of that window. If you hover over your Secret Key, there will be an option to copy it. Assuming you do see more than one account, try signing in to each in your browser and let me know if you're able to account for all items between the two. :+1:

• wonderwright
    wonderwright
    Community Member
    Options

• Ben
    Options

@wonderwright

Are you signed into both the Angelique Green and the The Mighty Shed accounts on the iPhone? You can check inside 1Password under Settings > 1Password Accounts.

Depending on your expectations you may want to adjust where 1Password saves items by default. In 1Password for Mac this can be done in 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults > Vault for Saving, and on iOS it is in 1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults > Vault for Saving. E.x. if you're expecting to be able to sign into the web interface for the Angelique Green 1Password account and see your items then it may make sense to set the Vault for Saving on both devices to the Personal vault within that account.

Unlike with the native apps (Mac & iOS) you cannot view vaults across accounts from the web interface. If you sign into the web interface for the Angelique Green account you're not going to see anything that is saved in the The Mighty Shed account, and vice versa.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.