Spotlight Search Bug

Dean Lubaki
Dean Lubaki
Community Member

Basically, after a search, if the "Done" button is not pressed, then all the following searches will display that original item with no possibility of dismissing it.

It's happening on my iPhone X on 11.2 Beta, but has been happening on my iPhone 8 and 7 in the past as well.

I uploaded a screen recording of the issue: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2e7AoPWOOw_ZW1aMkdpSkNUUDg

Comments

• Hi @Dean Lubaki,

We are able to reproduce this issue and have notified the development team to fix this bug. Thanks for taking the time to report it. We'll get it fixed as soon as we can.

The only workaround for this in the meantime is to kill the app and relaunch it.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: OPI-4292

• Dean Lubaki
    Dean Lubaki
    Community Member

Wonderful

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Really appreciate you bringing this up! :) :+1:

• erikerik
    erikerik
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

Guys, it's been 4 weeks and several releases since this bug was reported. And the bug is still there, on my iPhone X running iOS 11.1.2 and 1Password 7.0.3. When can we expect to have this fixed?
    Every time I use spotlight search and forget to press the Done button afterwords then 1Password locks onto that item and has to be force closed before it can again be used normally. Pretty annoying!

• @erikerik: We can't really make promises about exactly when any given issue will be fixed it. Depending on what else we're working on at the time and what other issues pop up in between some fixes can take longer than others. All I can say for certain is that the team is aware of this issue and working on it. When a fix is implemented will depend on how quickly we can work our way through the priority list. :+1:

• erikerik
    erikerik
    Community Member

I hear what you're saying. But I consider this to be a very serious bug since the app needs to be force quit after every spotlight search (unless you remember to press "Done"). It is therefore surprising to me if this isn't a top priority :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No one is saying this isn't a priority, but other things need to be addressed as well. I wish that this were the only improvement 1Password for iOS needed, and then we could focus only on finding a fix for this one specific issue! There's no guarantee that it's an easy fix though, and unfortunately it can take some time to even identify what the problem is in some cases. The symptoms are clear, thanks to Dean's original report, but that's not the same thing as finding a solution. And a "high priority" bugfix isn't worth much if we introduce other issues in the process. Thanks for understanding. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.