new 1password on phone but it won't let me log in

dxu1d
dxu1d
Community Member

I installed 1 password on my partners phone, after i gave him his family access to 1 password.
when i open 1 password it aks for dropbox, WLAN server or local storage.
as this is the first install of 1 password, it can't find any files in these apps.
it all works on his PC but not on phone??
Thanks for your help

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android phone, samsung
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cant log into 1password on android

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dxu1d: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there! With a 1Password.com membership, all he needs to do is sign into his account in the app:

Add your 1Password account to the apps

That will allow him to access all of the data in his account just like on the computer. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• dxu1d
    dxu1d
    Community Member

thank you for the info but, it doesn't give the option to sign in, when you open the app it immediately goes to the screen asking as stated above in my original comment
    thanks

• Hey @dxu1d. Can you please let us know what version of Android this device runs? You'll need Android 5.0 or higher to sign into an account.

• dxu1d
    dxu1d
    Community Member

hi, it is 4.4. so looks like i can't install it, thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry about that. :(

To be clear, you can install and use 1Password on Android 4, but not with a 1Password.com account. You'll only be able to use a local vault there, as Android 4 doesn't meet the security requirements of 1Password.com. Again, I'm sorry we don't have better news for you, but were here if you have any other questions. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.