1Password login failures - using 1Password icon

1Password login failures

Using macOS 10.13.1 on 2 machines.

As login pages are changed by owner (ie. Experts-Exchange) and macOS is updated, 1Password login fields are no longer filled in by clicking on 1Password credentials, requiring a 1Password lookup copy and paste to fill web page fields. Now this happens almost always when trying to login to web pages.

I could do better with a sorted name/password list I create.

In addition, the 1Password icon is OS system tray is not always loaded at startup - seems associated with leasing Safari.

How to regenerate (or otherwise fix) 1Password logins so that one click on 1Password will complete login?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JAMAR,

I think the first best step is to try and determine if we're looking at two separate issues or two symptoms of one. With the filling issue, is it limited to some sites or all? The reason I ask is if 1Password is filling even some sites that tells us that a whole host of possible problems, such as connection issues between the extension and 1Password can be eliminated. If it is literally all filling then we will focus our attention in other areas. Also, does the issue only seem to appear when you've noticed that the 1Password icon is missing from the macOS menu bar? There will be more questions as we build up a more complete but I think this will give us a good place to start.

This discussion has been closed.