can't set up existing 1password account with new ipad pro and dropbox sync

GJohn
GJohn
Community Member
edited December 2017 in iOS

Trying to add 1password my new iPad Pro. I already have other iPads, iPhones, and Macs running 1Password. It askes me to enter secret code. But I can't find it. When I follow instruction to find secret key, I end back where I started. When I follow instructions to have 1Password email me my secret key, it emails only the first 8 characters. Not helpful!

Other suggestions here state to just set up the iPad with my iCloud syncing link. But I don't use iCloud. I use Dropbox on all our devices. The app setup process does not list dropbox sync, only iCloud.

I'd like to use my new iPad today. Any suggestions???

Gary

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't find secret key

Comments

• GJohn
    GJohn
    Community Member

Sorry. No response yet. My fault, I see I should have provided version info.
    1Password Version: 7.0.3 as downloaded from the App store to my new iPad Pro 10.5"
    Extension Version: none I think. Are there extensions for ios versions?
    OS version: 11.2
    Sync Type: Dropbox ...The new ios app does not provide an option for Dropbox link, only iCloud
    Referrer: I searched the forums for 'can't find secret key'. It appears I must have what is called a family license

• GJohn
    GJohn
    Community Member

To clarify my last statement: I'm sure I have a family license but there seems to be no way to tell the new ios app about this.
    Okay, been trying lots of things tod
    Lastly, I copied my 1Password vault from Dropbox to iCloud hoping that now I could use the iCloud option when I open 1Password on the iPad. No joy. 1Password reports there is no 1Password vault on icloud. So I though maybe I need to upgrade to iCloud drive (I didn't want to) so I did. Still 1Password does not see my copied Dropbox vault there. Does anyone have any ideas? What am I missing?

• GJohn
    GJohn
    Community Member

@1Password replied to my tweet for help. Problem solved. The 1Password window that opens on the iPad with the 2nd and (supposedly last) option to sync with iCloud ....it is a SCROLLABLE WINDOW! Scrolling down there are more options, one of which was my beloved Dropbox sync! I feel so stupid. Thank you, 1Password team!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

Sorry about that. We ran out of room. :blush:

I'm glad that you were able to get things sorted out. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here (and on Twitter) if you need anything else. :)

ref: LRJ-19511-829

This discussion has been closed.