Search Bug, All Vaults? [6.8.473] [No bug, All Vaults settings allow you to exclude vaults]

AlwaysSortaCurious
AlwaysSortaCurious
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When searching today I couldn’t find something I knew I had in my work vault. Which is NOT my default vault for saving. I had all vaults selected for view. When I switched to my work vault it could find it (yeah). When I switched to my personal vault it could not find it (yeah).when I switched to all vaults, it seemed to only search my personal default vault (sad).

Maybe a known issue I missed, but just in case.

Does not happen on my Windows 10 Laptop, but does happen on my Windows 7 Dekstop (1Password was restarted and same result)

1Password Version: 6.8.473
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @AlwaysSortaCurious,

Thanks for reporting this.

I had all vaults selected for view.

Just to be clear, you mean that in 1Password Settings > All Vaults > Vaults Included, that work vault is still selected?

Your issue sounds like the work vault is deselected from All Vaults. Can you try de-selecting and selecting it? See if that helps.

• @MikeT Wow. Yeah. It was not selected in there. But I was able to access it. Have no idea how that happened.... So... what does that setting really do as I had complete access to the work vault. Which also showed up when trying which vault to work with.

• Hi @AlwaysSortaCurious,

That's great to hear and I do apologize for the confusion. This isn't related to access, permissions or anything like that.

What it does is allow you to select what vaults you want to see in All Vaults, so that you can use All Vaults view all the time instead of constantly switching between vaults.

For an example, I have an archival vault that stores my old data that I don't need to see all the time. I can de-select this vault from All Vaults and I will never have to see it in 1Password when I do my things. When I do need it, I just switch to that vault.

For others, they may have shared vaults that aren't needed throughout the daily usage of 1Password, so they can de-select them.

• Gotchya, missed that. OK. Off to work and now making sure the personal vault is deselected... So only when explicitly selected will anything come up. (the reverse of that situation).

• Awesome, let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

This discussion has been closed.