American Airlines multi-line fill-in won't fill in last name field

Options
  1. I followed the advice on this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/20957/feature-request-add-new-form-fields-when-creating-a-manual-login
  2. Saved a new login with all fields properly filled out.
  3. Show Web Form Details displays "lastName" field and my last name.
  4. But 1Password will not fill in that field.
  5. Login URL: https://www.aa.com/

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @ubercool,

It seems American Airlines have started to add randomised IDs to various fields and that throws 1Password off. We'll be able to compensate but it will sadly be a while before this can reach a stable copy of 1Password. Thankfully I believe we can offer an alternative approach.

1. I would like you to create a new Login item for me please from inside the main 1Password window.
    2. Set the website field to https://www.americanairlines.co.uk/loyalty/login
    3. Enter your username and password into the fields available.
    4. Save.
    5. Edit the Login item.
    6. Click the show web form details button.
    7. Add a new field titled last name and enter your surname into the as the field value.
    8. Save.

If you try filling with this item I believe you should find it works better. Steps 4 & 5 might seem odd but you can't access the web form details unless you do this and the Login item definitely won't work if you try to adapt a Login item that was saved from inside the browser, the Login item must be created in the main 1Password window. Hopefully this helps, please let us know if this fills all three fields correctly.

• ubercool
    ubercool
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that worked, thanks! :)

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ubercool,

I'm glad @littlebobbytables's suggestion worked for you :chuffed:

Best regards,
    Matthew

• allynwstone
    allynwstone
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

American Airlines website requires "Last Name" when logging into their website in addition to username and password. I have tried to save my 1Password login as many ways as I can think of so that I do not manually have to populate my last name - so that it can be saved as a field in the login, but I cannot figure it out. The field shows in "web form details," but either in Mac or Windows, I cannot get it to be a part of the actual login. Is this possible?

_1Password Version:6.4.377d
    _Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
    _OS Version:macOS Sierra
    _Sync Type: 1Password Account

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @allynwstone,

Hope you don't mind - I've merged your post into this related discussion where there's a suggestion from littlebobbytables that might work for you. Please give that a shot and let us know if you still can't get it working so we can figure out something else for you to try. :)

Cheers!

• allynwstone
    allynwstone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk - I'm sorry I didn't find this! I PROMISE I searched! This seems to work. Not as "seamlessly" as other sites, but it works better than not being able to add it in at all. Thank you @sjk and especially @littlebobbytables.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @allynwstone,

You're quite right, this isn't seamless at all. American Airlines have changed their site recently as this was never required in the past. It will take a while before we will see a stable version of 1Password that can adapt to this but until then at least this workaround will allow things to work again :smile: I'm glad we could help.

• wandy_applesood
    wandy_applesood
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, this is still broken. I've re-created this many times, and followed each step.

Manually adding a field ID that matches what's in the HTML doesn't work.

This has been an ongoing issue for 2+ years -- is there a definitive answer on how to fix this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wandy_applesood: We can't "fix" this, as these two webpages are simply not the same:

https://www.aa.com/homePage.do

https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login

So a login saved at one will not work at the other. We can try to work around it, but as either changes over time that can break things again.

However, if you manually saving a new login for the URL you want to use to sign in, that will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill it correctly. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• wandy_applesood
    wandy_applesood
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Brenty,

Thanks for the suggestion

I have previously used these steps to create the login that was breaking. Then it broke again, on the same page. Not sure where you're getting "/Homepage.do", but that's alright.

I have fixed it by doing a JSON export and re-import, after manually editing the form ID fields, and removing the htmlForm detail. Hope this can make it into the GUI some day.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wandy_applesood -- glad to hear you were able to get it working after export/importing the JSON -- and thanks for sharing your steps! :-)

This discussion has been closed.