[Bug] 1Password X wants to fill in the password on my.1password.com

As you can see in the attached image, 1Password is offering to save my Master password in 1Password for me. It seems pretty stupid to save your master password in 1password. How will you log in if your master password is saved in 1password but you can't remember it? 1Password X should simply not offer to save/fill the password on my.1password.com. I can't find any good reason as to why it should do that.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.2.0
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: 1Password Teams

Comments

• Mitch
    edited December 2017

Hi @vincent_chernin,

That is a bit funny, but it's not a bug. :) I can think of a few reasons you might want to keep your Master Password in 1Password:

• Multiple accounts with different passwords
    • Memory aid if you usually use Touch ID or Face ID to unlock 1Password
    • Quickly fill your password on 1Password.com if 1Password X is already unlocked

At any rate, it doesn't hurt! But we're planning to add an option which will hide 1Password on sites where you don't want to see it, so that should help you out you don't to be bugged on 1Password.com.

• vincent_chernin
    vincent_chernin
    Community Member

Quickly fill your password on 1Password.com if 1Password X is already unlocked

I didn't think it from that perspective, it makes more sense now. :) I guess it does make sense to keep it offering to fill on 1password.com.

An option to stop 1Password autofilling on certain sites will definitely come in handy. Can't wait for that.

Although I am still new to this 1Password community, (Came from Lastpass) I can quickly tell why your support/communication is loved. You guys are possibly the most open and communicative devs I know, and I use a lot of applications and services. Some companies have good people running support but they are disconnected from the people who make the products, which can lead to a lot of frustration for customers. Keep up the great work!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@vincent_chernin: Thanks for your kind words! We try to provide the best customer service possible and find when our developers directly engage with people using 1Password we only make a better product for everyone.

I'm delighted to hear Mitch was able to answer your question and let you know some of the ways we plan to make 1Password X even better!

Have a great week and please let us know if you have any additional questions. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.