New Apple Family ID

masterzone
masterzone
Community Member
edited December 2017 in iOS

Hi to all at AgileBits forum, I'm creating a new Apple ID for my Wife iPhone for a better organisation and I will setup the Apple Family Sharing.
Right now we have the same Apple ID on our Phones to have shared 1Password App and the Vault.
What happen to our Vault after setup the Apple Family Sharing with different Apple ID?
I know that the purchased App can be shared to the new Apple ID via Family Sharing options but I don't know what happen to the Vault because I think that is stored to icloud data and the iCloud data will be different from account to account. (Apple ID)

Thanks for your support and greetings for this awesome software.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rudy
    edited December 2017

@masterzone,

I know that the purchased App can be shared to the new Apple ID via Family Sharing options

If you purchased the Pro features via In App Purchase then this is not the case, you won't be able to use Family Sharing to get Pro features on your Wife's new Apple ID. They would need to be purchased separately.

I don't know what happen to the Vault because I think that is stored to icloud data and the iCloud data will be different from account to account. (Apple ID)

If you're using iCloud for Sync then this too won't work. iCloud is limited to a single vault within the single Apple ID that creates it. You can't share vaults using iCloud across Apple IDs. You would need to switch to another means of sync. Dropbox, WLAN, 1Password.com are all options.

The 1Password.com subscription solves both of those problems as it includes the Pro Features in all signed in iOS devices as well as allows you to sync shared vaults among family members independent of Apple ID.

Rudy

• masterzone
    masterzone
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy very helpfully
    Alex

• On behalf of Rudy you are most welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.