Deleted a Family Member's account, reinvited but email doesn't show up

Options
Pewast
Pewast
Community Member

So my wife forgot her master pw and I deleted her account through my account's family interface (she hadn't used it yet but had it for several months). I then re-invited her and it says it's pending but she hasn't got the email yet. Is this going to work?

Thanks, Peter

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pewast
    Pewast
    Community Member
    Options

I will add that she set it up, forgot the password but never populated it...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pewast: "Never populated" what?

It sounds like you deleted your wife's account but are trying to re-invite her. Is that the case? Can you tell me why? Unless she was the only family Organizer, someone else should be able to perform recovery for her to setup new Master Password:

Recover accounts for family or team members

I can't say why she would not be able to receive an invite via email, but if you're still having trouble please don't delete anything else and email us at support@1password.com so we can help!

• Pewast
    Pewast
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I deleted her before seeing the recovery instructions. Stupid, but that's where I am. It doesn't appear that I can reinvite her. Is that the case?

• Ben
    Options

Once a member has been deleted they can be re-invited freely. It wouldn’t be 1Password that is preventing her from from receiving the invite. Please have her check her spam folder, or try re-inviting her.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pewast: And keep in mind that "suspend" is not the same as "delete"; if she was just suspended, you shouldn't be able to send another invite to the same email address.

• Pewast
    Pewast
    Community Member
    Options

I think it's all good now, thanks guys! She got another email invite and now I just have to see if I can get her to use it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! If she follows the linking the email to setup the account, it should be pretty straightforward. But we're here if you have any questions at all. :)

This discussion has been closed.