Login sort order difference Mos vs iOs

lasllcap
lasllcap
Community Member

This kind of falls into the crack between MacOs and iOs.

So this sort of freaked me out for a bit : On the Mac (which i use for all my admin stuff) I was renaming a few logins on our Primary Family Vault prior to moving them to my wife’s vault ie. 1blah blah, 2blahblah, etc. then copied them to my wife’s vault.

So far so good. Then , a couple days later, using my iPhone, I was showing my wife how to access them; brought up her account and displayed the logins and . . . . The items WEREN’T there !! and they were NOT present even on my Phone. !!!! This was important stuff ! GONE ??!!

It rook me a bit of time to find that the Mac sorts logins Numeric at the top and the phones sort Numeric to the bottom.

Just the way it is ? Have I missed a note somewhere along the way ?

Anyway, no big thing, but just didn’t expect it.

Cheers, Roger

1Password Version: 6.8.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lasllcap: Ah, sorry about that. It doesn't even come up often since 1Password's search feature makes it so easy to find things...but , man, when it does come up people have strong opinions on both sides of how things should be sorted! :lol:

There's actually a setting for this in 1Password for Mac Preferences > Advanced. You can set it to "Show numbers and symbols first" if you prefer that. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member

“Numbers and such first” may be he default as I don’t recall setting this. Not a prob now as I know how it works, but a bit unsettling upon discovery.
    Thanks for the enlightenments,
    Cheers, Roger

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.