Can only create new entry in context of in-page form

1passwordx does not appear to support the creation of new login or other entries without going through the interface added to login/signup forms. Specifically I need to add an entry for a github web access token, but there does not appear to be a way to create a new entry through the extension interface.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: X
OS Version: Ubuntu 17.10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @eriksalgstrom,

Thanks for pointing this out. For the early releases of 1Password X, we've focused on supporting features that aren't easy or possible to accomplish from the 1Password.com web app, especially saving logins from pages. We'd like to support more advanced workflows or at least make them more accessible as well.

For now, here are two ways you can get information into 1Password X outside of the save login interface:

• Add to an existing item: locate your Github login in 1Password X and click Edit. Then you can put the token in the note field or a custom field.
    • Create a new item: click the 1Password icon next to the search field to see your vaults, then click the "i" button next to a vault. You'll be taken to that vault on 1Password.com, where you can create your item.

I generally prefer the first approach when I need to associate some information with a particular login, but your use case might be different!

Mitch

This discussion has been closed.