Filling out login entries is very cumbersome.

Options
luegskywalker
luegskywalker
Community Member

Filling out entries, whether they be logins or software licenses, is very unwieldy. It always has been and now I'm past frustration. Why do I have to re-type my email address or other common information in every form I create? Fields should autofill at the very least.

Also, in every form ever created, except 1Password, you can tab between fields without concern for typing over the field name. If I wanted to edit the field name, there should be a button. Changing it should by no means be accessible via a simple pressing of "tab." It shouldn't be easy to change flippantly and it should be intuitive. The way Apple does field navigation in their Mac Contacts application is a fine example of flexibility and ease of use.

In all other ways, I love your product. But these niggles really get to me.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:filling out entries

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@luegskywalker: Hi there. Thank you for getting in touch. I really owe you an apology. Somehow I managed to overlook your post here completely. I can't tell you how sorry I am for that. :(

On the plus side, I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying 1Password trouble-free for the most part. And it's good to get feedback even when things are working as designed, so thank you for that! :blush:

Filling out entries, whether they be logins or software licenses, is very unwieldy. It always has been and now I'm past frustration. Why do I have to re-type my email address or other common information in every form I create? Fields should autofill at the very least.

That's a good point. It's something we'll consider adding in the future. Personally though I often don't fill in that information manually, instead saving a receipt/license in my vault instead. Call me lazy! Part of that is I have multiple emails, so I also don't have one that would be a good candidate to "autofill" new items with. But perhaps that would be useful for other people.

Also, in every form ever created, except 1Password, you can tab between fields without concern for typing over the field name. If I wanted to edit the field name, there should be a button. Changing it should by no means be accessible via a simple pressing of "tab." It shouldn't be easy to change flippantly and it should be intuitive. The way Apple does field navigation in their Mac Contacts application is a fine example of flexibility and ease of use.

I can't say I've heard others asking for the same thing, but that makes sense. I'm not sure we want to change this behaviour lightly, as many 1Password users have grown accustomed to this keyboard navigation over the past decade or so, but certainly it's something we can consider.

In all other ways, I love your product. But these niggles really get to me.

Thanks for the kind words, especially under the circumstances. I can't make any promises about these particular requests, but we'll absolutely keep them in mind as we develop future versions of 1Password. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and, again, I'm sorry it's taken so long for you to get a response. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.