Have lost 1password4 icon on my mac. Not showing up in finder. Can only find older version now.

Options

I was trying to remove my older version icon from the dock. Unclicked Options: Keep in Dock. Didn't want to lose older version so then clicked Options: Show in Finder. Now all the other 1password things that used to show up in finder are missing. I cannot seem to find the icon for 1Password 4 anymore. Meanwhile, my version 4 extension is still working when I use Chrome.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have lost 1password4 icon on my mac. Not showing up in finder. Can only find older version now.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Barb_G: Please don't do anything until we have more information. Unfortunately without the requested details you omitted from your post, it's hard to say what will need to be done. Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, have you tried looking in your Applications folder? Do you see 1Password there? Thanks in advance! :)

• Barb_G
    Barb_G
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, thank you so much for your response! I deleted my comment because I found the 1Password4 icon on my desktop. I don't know why it moved there or why I could not find any of the previous 1Password files that used to be listed in Finder, but I am guessing that the problem may be resolved now. Or so I hope. Still a mystery though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Barb_G: Thanks for letting me know! I'm glad to hear you're back up and running at least, but I'd encourage you to take a look here:

1Password 4 legacy support information

1Password 4 is very out of date, and using a newer version of 1Password (and macOS) will give you a much better experience, especially with the latest browsers. Let me know if there's anything I can help with. :)

This discussion has been closed.