1Password X and 8 digits 2FA not playing nicely

Hi there,

so I tried using 1Password X on kraken.com (cryptocoin exchange) which I set up to use 8-digits long 2FA per option. I actually have set up four of these 2FA. (one for login, for trading, for funding and so on)

This works extremely well in the Windows app, iOS app and on the website, yet 1Password X only displays one single 2FA with only 6-digits. I can't tell you which one however. I set up titles, but the one displayed has "two-factor" as title. The remaining options I've set up display a weird super long link that starts with otpauth:// instead of actually displaying the digits.

I did report this back then to the iOS team. They fixed it. So maybe ask them how they did it. :)

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kwammer: I can't say I've ever used a TOTP code of more than 6 digits for anything other than testing, so it looks like this is something we'll need to consider for the future. Currently TOTP secrets are displayed as password fields which can be copied or revealed, and only the first has a code generated for it. Thanks for reporting this! :)

ref: b5x-201, b5x-202

• kwammer
    kwammer
    Community Member

@brenty but while trying it pastes a code that is super long and if I reveal it, it shows the mentioned url that starts with otpauth://. In 1Password X I never see the TOTP secrets for Kraken at least.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@kwammer: Thanks for clearly explaining your use-case here. I've gone ahead and made some changes to the way we display TOTP fields, so we properly support both 8-digit one-time passwords and items with multiple TOTP fields. Once approved you'll see these changes pretty quickly in our 1Password X beta channel.

Thanks for your help!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• I just approved @beyer's changes so this fix will definitely be in the next beta. I'm hoping to create one before Christmas Day as I think it will make for a nice present :)

This discussion has been closed.