Chrome extension disappeared after big Windows update. Extensions available not compatible.

Options

My chrome extension stopped working after big Windows update Dec 2017. Extensions available on the website not compatible with the 1Password application I'm running on the PC.

I've been using 1Password on this PC since 2014. The version of the 1Password application is 1.0.9.342.
It says this is the latest available / up-to-date, but I suspect that it's old-old-old since I see versions 4 and 6 extensions on site.
When I click the big green button to install Chrome extension - it does install but then says not compatible with my app. I've since removed the extension per instructions posted on site (More Tools > Extensions > deleted 1Password extension by clicking on the trash can)

I suspect I need help updating to a newer version of 1Password on my Windows PC, but afraid to just download and overwrite.
I'm also using my 1Password keychain on my iPhone via DropBox - for full disclosure :)

Any help to offer?

1Password Version: 1.0.9.342
Extension Version: currently none
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome extension disappeared after big Windows update. Extensions available not compatible.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @snhughes11,

Thank you for getting in touch!

1Password 1.0.9.342 is indeed a little bit outdated. If you have 1Password for Windows license, you should download and use 1Password 4 for Windows. Please follow the steps in this guide to upgrade and let us know how it goes.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• snhughes11
    snhughes11
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Greg
    I've downloaded and installed 1Password 4 for Windows and the related extension. Seems to be working.
    But why does it say "1Password Trial" at the top of the 1Password 4 application screen?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@snhughes11: 1Password has no way of knowing whether or not you've purchased it unless you register the app with your license information.

But the good news is that all you need to do is register the app (1Password Help > Enter License Key) to remove the trial restrictions. In that spirit, I've also resent your license information via email.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.