data transfer between two macs.

Options
jeanlagueyte
jeanlagueyte
Community Member

I am trying to transfer the data contained in the application 1password6 on a mac pro rotating os sierra 10.12.6 on another mac pro from 2007 running under osx lion system 10.6.8 without being able to use dropbox that no longer supports the system on the mac of 2007 and turning under lion.

1Password Version: 6 to 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: 10.12.6 to 10.6.8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeanlagueyte: It isn't possible, apart from manually copying the data over, and I wouldn't recommend it for a few reasons:

1. You'd have to copy the vault over each time you made a change to it.
    2. You should NOT make changes with 1Password 3, as it does not understand the newer data structures in 1Password 6, and that could cause problems for you "missing" data.
    3. Using 1Password to help you be more secure, but in an unsupported environment (browsers and OS no longer receiving security updates) is like trying to use a hair drier in a hurricane: it won't dry, and you'll probably electrocute yourself in the process.

And ultimately you won't gain much benefit from using 1Password on the old computer since you'll run into a lot of compatibility issues there:

1Password 3 legacy support information

All that said, if you still want to do this, I'll be happy to help. I just don't want you to be surprised by the obstacles you'll be facing in that case. :blush:

• LB304
    LB304
    Community Member
    Options

yeah it is going to be quite difficult. 10.6 is quite outdated and no tool will be compatible enough to that system.
    I am still trying to figure out why are you switching from 10.12 to 10.6? or Have i misunderstood your query?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LB304: It sounds like these are two different Macs, but I could be mistaken as well.

• LB304
    LB304
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for your reply brenty. I have got your point.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.