I want to change my Device Name in 1Password

Options
schwachs
schwachs
Community Member
edited December 2017 in iOS

Hi there.... I just recently had my phone stolen and replaced... I have de-authorized the old iPhone, set up the new one, etc...

But the weird part is when I go to my account profile at:

https://my.1password.com/profile and look at my devices... It still has this new phone named as on old phone... and weirdly, not even a recent phone but one from four (4) generations ago.

My device name in my Apple settings is "jiPhone X"

Weird right?

I'm sure there's a simple way of changing that but it's not the gear icon to the right of those devices and it's changing it from the Apple settings itself (because there it's already changed correctly).

I can't tell where it's pulling this old name from but any ideas would be really appreciated!

-- Schwachs

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.5.BETA-2 (685002) AgileBit
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.3.2 beta
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Change device name in 1password

Comments

• @schwachs: How devices are identified on 1Password.com is a bit wonky right now and it's not something you can fix on your end. It is, however, something we can fix (and we're currently testing just such a fix in a recent beta update). Look to see better information about your devices on 1Password.com in a future update. :chuffed:

ref: OPI-4338

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

It is, however, something we can fix (and we're currently testing just such a fix in a recent beta update).

I’m running the iOS beta, but did not know this, so had to check...

I had a similar problem as @schwachs, but my new “precious” is now indeed shown as iPhone X instead of iPhone 6 :)

You might want to update the icon though; it still has a home button... ;)

• schwachs
    schwachs
    Community Member
    Options

Will you let me know when it’s something that can be changed?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

In another topic @rudy from AgileBits replied that you can expect a new stable version (tomorrow?) that will fix this :)

• schwachs
    schwachs
    Community Member
    Options

Well that’s awesome!

I was trying to fix it right from the web site - but I’ll leep my eyes pen everywhere.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@schwachs: Just to clarify, I'll post my comments here as well:

It's a multi-pronged strategy (I've always wanted to say that for some reason): last month we rolled out some changes on the server to support device version information account updates, and we've been working on implementing better support for this in the apps as well.

So we should have support for this in all of the apps soon.

You might want to update the icon though; it still has a home button... ;)

@XIII: It may be possible in the future. One step at a time. :tongue:

This discussion has been closed.