Control - \ hotkey doesn't always work [Should be fixed in 6.8.488]

TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

In the past few days with the flurry of betas, the control - \ hotkey to fill does NOT always work when 1PW has locked itself. I have to click on the browser 1PW icon, unlock, then the hotkey works. Used to work 100% of the time prior to about a week ago.

1Password Version: 6.8.485
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

Yep, I am having the exact same issue. In fact I loaded this forum to post about it and found your post :)

I am not sure which exact build caused it, but, I am currently running Firefox with add-on 4.7.0.1 and Windows 1Password 6.8.BETA-485.

The shortcut hotkey for fill in only works if I unlock the main 1Password app first :(

• Hi guys,

@TravelSD, are you also using Firefox?

We are not yet able to reproduce this but do you recall if 1Password is running prior to opening your browser? If the main 1Password app wasn't running, the shortcut won't work until you launch the app by clicking on 1Password icon first.

I'm wondering if 1Password isn't being launched correctly on your setups. We know that Firefox is terminating 1Password if it is used to launch 1Password and you then close Firefox, which will then close 1Password as well. We're investigating for a workaround on this.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

Yes I'm using Firefox as well. Latest Quantum version.

• Hi guys,

@TravelSD and @Spaldo, we've shipped 6.8.488 update to fix this.

Unfortunately, direct fill won't work automatically after unlocking, this will be fixed in the next beta series as it requires a bigger fix.

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

Looks like 488 now pops up. As you said, it doesn't select it automatically and you have to select the login, but, better than nothing for now :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your feedback on this! We'll see what else we can do to improve it. :)

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

Ok now it broke again, but worse. In Firefox I can't for the life of me get 1PW to work. I click on the 1PW icon and nothing. Hotkey, nothing. Killed 1PW processes and launched the desktop app, nothing. This is with Firefox 57.02. Works in Chrome (latest). My last resort is to try and reboot, but I have a zillion windows open and in the middle of work. This is with 1PW 6.8.488.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@TravelSD: Thanks for letting us know. I'm sorry to hear that! Please generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com
    Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: VYK-43767-963

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

done! Rebooted, and now 1PW is working in FF.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Glad that helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.