Generic names of generated Password items

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've asked this already earlier this year: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/76129/suggestions-for-the-strong-password-generator-fill-into-sites-and-remember-where-it-was-generated

Has this been implemented yet? AFAICS the generator now stores the URL where a password was generated. However the name of that password item is only "Password", which makes it quite hard to find the right one, e.g. for cleaning up.

1Password Version: 6.8.488
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2017

Hi @Manaburner,

Thanks for writing in.

No, it hasn't been implemented. We've only added the ability to record the website (which will be useful for password history as well), we'll be adding more pieces in each update. This piece is required in order for us to grab the title based on the website field to include in title but we haven't gotten that far yet.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    thank you for clarifying.

• No problem, we know it's taking us a while but we'll get this done in its entirety soon.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Sounds good. I'm confident you will come up with a good solution

• Thanks for your confidence, we appreciate it.

How do you find 1Password 6.8 so far? We know it is mostly bug fixes but the next betas will restore most of the new features we've added during 6.8 betas and a few extra features we've been working on that hasn't been revealed in public betas yet.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

I haven't tested the 6.8 betas much so far. But generally I do like what the app is developing into. It is A LOT faster than the v4 app and looks and feels great.

• That's awesome to hear, thank you for the feedback! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.