Family Plan Questions

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Families

OK, I need an idiot's guide to going from the standard alone OS and iOS to the family thing. Do you happen to have a 500 page or so pdf? I will not bore you with what I do know to keep my PC and the wife PC in sync. I am looking for a step by step and by sub step on how to change. I have tried to read all your information that is online, but it seems a bit disjointed. Been using this since Version 3, so a very old dog here. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Let me add some additional questions to this. Should I uninstall the MAS version, turn of iCloud sync delete the data from iCloud and then install the AB store version, apply my license, make sure everything seem to be working and then turn on the family account?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2017

Hi @Steve_H,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and for being a long time customer. We don’t have a 500 page PDF, because the instructions aren’t nearly that long, but we do have both a video and written instructions here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you’re having trouble following along with that please let us know where exactly you’re getting tripped up and why. We’ll be happy to help.

You do not need to do any of the things you mentioned in your second post...

Please let us know how it turns out. Thanks!

Ben

P.S. I see you also emailed us. I’m going to close that ticket to avoid duplicating efforts. :)

ref: QUY-82538-946

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

ok, I think I got it under control. Thanks for closing out the email ticket. What will happen to the data up on iCloud? Does it just stay there forever?

• Yes. If you prefer once you’ve migrated everything you can delete it. :)

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

FWIW, the setup on the computers went very smoothly. The setup on iOS is a bit confusing, but this old dog er done. Thanks for all the help.

• Great to hear that that worked out for you @Steve_H. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.