Need clarification for the implementation

Hi People,
I'm trying to implement 1password in my java application. The workflow is: I don't want to give my password to the other person in the system. Instead, what I will do is I'll enter the password in 1password and will give the link provided by 1password to him to log in. I'll be giving the link to multiple people to log in. So, the main motivation is I don't want them to know the password but I want them to log in.

Is this possible with 1password and if yes, how to achieve it with 1password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @hs_spritle,

I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to achieve. Do you think you could elaborate on what you're building and how you think 1Password could help?

Thanks

Rick

• hs_spritle
    hs_spritle
    Community Member

Sure @rickfillion,
    I'm building a module where I want another user to log in as me, using my credentials. But I don't want them to know my credentials. Instead, I thought I could provide my password to 1password and generate a link for that user to log in. Is that possible with 1password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hs_spritle: Sort of, by not in the way you're asking. With 1Password Teams, you could invite that person as a guest, where they'd have their own account and Master Password, and access to only a single vault you share with them. You could put only what you want them to access inside that vault, and restrict them from revealing passwords:

https://support.1password.com/explore/teams-pro/#advanced-access-control

I'm not sure why you want to give someone your Master Password if you aren't comfortable giving them login credentials to even a single website. That would be much easier to change, and limit the damage they could do. We definitely don't recommend giving someone your Master Password. But 1Password Teams was built for sharing vaults without sharing that or other secrets — only the stuff you want to. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.