Problem with fill field

Dwighty
Dwighty
Community Member
edited August 2011 in 1Password 4 for Windows
I am using the software for a week at the moment and I'm loving it.
It keeps all my passwords sync on Iphone Ipad and Windows.

But I've found a site that cannot take my password.

http://bitly.com/

It does not reconise the filling fields.

Do I something wrong ?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Dwighty, any time 1Password doesn't automatically recognize that a form is being submitted and offer to save a Login for you, the first thing to do is to try saving the Login yourself.

Please see Saving a Login item in the Tutorials section of the user's guide for instructions.

I hope you won't mind my suggesting that you take a few minutes to read the Introduction, Getting Started, and Tutorials sections of the user's guide. They're short, and they'll give you the information you need to get up to speed quickly. As you use 1Password for Windows, we believe you'll find the FAQ section to be a useful resource, too.
  • Dwighty
    Dwighty
    Community Member
    finally I've found te solution.
    1password was defining 2 fields named url and searchbutton.
    I've replaced my hand with username and password and voila it works !

Some stupid javascript. In the html code wasn't any of the boxlabels found.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Dwighty, the field names on that page are "username" and "password", which is why your edits caused the Login to work. (Note that those fields aren't part of the HTML code at the bitly.com URL—they're actually in a page at bitly.com/a/sign_in, and they're "visible" only when you click on the Sign In link at the main URL.)

I just visited that URL in both Firefox and Chrome (in Windows XP), clicked the Sign In link, filled in a username and password, pressed Ctrl+\, clicked the Save Login button, named the new Login item, and clicked the Save button (as described in the user's guide tutorial topic I linked, above).

In both browsers, 1Password correctly saved a Login with the fieldnames "username" and "password"; in both browsers, those saved Login items worked correctly when I pressed Ctrl+\ on subsequent visits to the bitly.com URL (though you do have to click the Sign In link to display the sign-in form, see that 1Password has already filled the fields, and submit the form).
  • Dwighty
    Dwighty
    Community Member
    edited August 2011
    Yes David in the bitly.com/a/sign_in will 1password work as it should be.
    I've visited only the http://bitly.com/ page till now and that causes some problems cause the fields ar not visible.

Anyway the problem is solved thanks for the support.
    Some webpages will need some puzzling cause not all fields are visible.

I still love 1password :)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Again, in my test, 1Password does save a Login at http://bitly.com/, and the saved Login does work correctly at that same URL.

I do not have to go to the other URL, either to save the Login or to use it.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. :(
This discussion has been closed.