Decided to become 1password.com user. During transition, all items duplicated.

cpetrow
cpetrow
Community Member

Hi. I have been a 1password user for many years. I decided to try out 1password.com . During transition from single license user to using 1password web capabilities, everything went smoothly except for one thing. I use my iMac desktop as the originator of all data inputs, etc. for 1password. My iPad Pro and iPhone 8 Plus feed off of the iMac. Well when I looked at the data/items on the two IOS devices, each item had been duplicated. As an exemple, I started out with 1000 items on my iMac and 1000 on each of my 2 IOS devices. After I had completed creating additional vault, I noticed that both IOS devices now had 2000 items each. I then examined my iMac and saw a personal vault and a primary vault. I assume that I ended up with twice the original number of items because the personal and primary vaults were being aggregated. That left me with two questions. First, how do I reverse or undo the duplication? Can I delete one of them? Second, given that I have 2 vaults, which vault should I use to enter new or change data? Or does it work such that when I enter new data to one vault, the other vaults are changed as well?
Thank you .

Chris Petrow

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:All items diplicated

Comments

• Hi Chris ( @cpetrow ),

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

It sounds like you skipped a step in the migration:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

iOS:

To remove your old Primary vault, tap Settings > Vaults > Primary. Then tap Delete Vault.

Mac:

To remove your old Primary vault, choose 1Password menu > Switch to Vault > Primary. Then choose 1Password menu > Delete Vault.

That should solve both problems for you. :)

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.