How do I save a three question login?

Options

A UK site has changed it's login requirements but when I enter the three questions and try to save the login using 1Password it fails. The three questions are called NS&I number; surname and password.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need to save a login which has 3 questions on one webpage

Comments

• Thanks for reaching out to us, @TonyV! While 1Password usually does a good job of saving login details, it can sometimes need some extra assistance when saving multiple input fields like you're trying to do. Can you try manually saving a Login item using the following instructions?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

If that Login doesn't work for you, can you share the URL of the website you're trying to create a Login item for so that I can take a look? Thanks! :)

• TonyV
    TonyV
    Community Member
    Options

Hi DaltonD
    Before appealing for online help I used those instructions several times. Each time I tried re-opening the site using the amended login but it failed in the same way as before, so I posted my question. However after seeing your reply I re-opened 1Password and realised that it had not amended the original login but created new logins each time I used the technique. I just now tried opening the site using one of the new logins and it's worked. It's a bit confusing to suggest that it's amending something when in fact it's creating a new login. My stupidity but it could be clearer.

Thanks for responding
    TonyV

• dalton
    edited December 2017
    Options

I'm glad to hear that the new Login worked for you despite the confusion, @TonyV. Was there a specific part of the instructions that confused you? We're happy to try and make the instructions clearer where needed so that it's easier for folks to follow them. :)

ref: akb-1240

This discussion has been closed.