To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Isn't it risky to keep the Emergency Kit pdf on my computer?

Options
securityn00b
securityn00b
Community Member

Theoretically, if hacker had access to my computer and used some sort of key logger to get my master password, wouldn't they be able to access my account? Or is that scenario incredibly unlikely?

Is there a way to disable adding new devices?

Thanks.

Note: I'm probably posting in the wrong category. If so, sorry.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:emergency kit

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @securityn00b,

No worries, I’ve moved this thread over to our Memberships board as you asked specifically about the Emergency Kit, which is exclusive to 1Password Membership.

You’re right: if someone is able to install a key logger or other malware on your computer they could likely access your data. That isn’t really any different with or without 1Password. It also probably wouldn’t make any difference in this case if your Emergency Kit were stored on your computer or not.

1Password is not a malware prevention tool. Good computer hygiene and security best practices still apply. We’re one tool in the security toolbox. :)

Essentially: If someone has that level of access to your computer... you’re in big trouble regardless.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.