Difference in authorizing keys between single and family standalone 1Password 6 for Mac

I am planning to upgrade from 1Password 3.8 to 1Password 6 on my new Mac Book Air by purchasing a standalone single license. I am not quite sure how the authorizing key following the purchase actually works for additional devices. It is my understanding that as a single license user I may ad unlimited number of devices for my own use. For example, what prevents one to share purchased single license with other people - there should be some safeguards build in to prevent this. Of course, I am not planning to abuse company trust and to make available my license to other users. However, does it mean that if I need to add another device, say iMac, I would have to contact AgileStore every time with a proof of purchase and get another authorizing use key?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Difference in authorizing keys between single and family standalone 1Password 6.

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @drlevbk

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The licensing system works primarily on the honor system, but if a license is downloaded a significant number of times it will be prevented from being downloaded further until support is contacted and an explanation given.

Ben

• So, if I purchase and download a single standalone license once and than a while later want to start using 1Password 6 on another device, should I use the same license or download it again?

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@drlevbk,

Nothing wrong with using the same file.

In fact, If you're syncing between the two, it should auto-license it based on the license file being in your vault.

Rudy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file