Suggestion for copying password

SSteve
SSteve
Community Member

When creating a new account, most websites (e.g. dialasong.com) have one text box to create a password and another to confirm it. When 1Password creates a new account it usually fills in the password field but often fails to fill in the "Confirm" box. When that happens, it takes five touches from the first 1Password screen to copy the password:

1. Touch "i"
  2. Touch password
  3. Touch "Copy"
  4. Touch "1Password" to go back
  5. Touch Cancel

It would be more convenient if there was a button on the first screen that would copy the password and close the dialog. I realize in this case it's possible that 1Password has automatically placed the password to the clipboard (I didn't think to try it) but there are other situations where this would be helpful too. I run into it fairly frequently even when not creating a new account.

Cheers!
-Steve

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Steve ( @SSteve ),

I realize in this case it's possible that 1Password has automatically placed the password to the clipboard (I didn't think to try it)

That’s exactly what happens. :)

Thanks for the feedback! I’m not aware of any improvements planned in this area at the moment but next time we’re looking at this workflow I’ll be happy to bring it up.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.