Reinstallation of 1Password on iPad 4

Options
MarkVig
MarkVig
Community Member

Hi, I've seen some similar questions to this on the forum, but haven't found a solution. I purchased 1Password standalone for IOS back in August 2014 and also the Mac app two months later. I fired up an old iPad 4 I hadn't used for a while that had had 1Password working on it well. The Sync with Dropbox wasn't working, so unfortunately I applied the repair rule of uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Now I can't get past the screen that is asking me to sign up for a 1Password account. Having purchased it outright sometime ago, I'd naturally rather not do this. I've seen the instructions for retrieving the license details for OSX but not for IOS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@MarkVig: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The App Store does not use licenses; the purchase is tied to your Apple ID. In that case, you can download it from your purchase history:

https://support.apple.com/HT201272#apps

It also sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

• MarkVig
    MarkVig
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately that approach is not working. I just wiped the iPad and restored from an old backup. I followed the steps to re-download the app from the purchased section of the store, but it's still asking me to either start a subscription trial or enter my account logon. So I'm stuck. One thing that might be complicating the problem is it's an iPad 4, so it won't can't download the latest version of 1Password as it will only run iOS 10.3.3

• Ben
    Options

@MarkVig

Scroll down to see the other options beyond 1Password.com membership. :)

Ben

• MarkVig
    MarkVig
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately that approach is not working. I just wiped the iPad and restored from an old backup. I followed the steps to re-download the app from the purchased section of the store, but it's still asking me to either start a subscription trial or enter my account logon. So I'm stuck. One thing that might be complicating the problem is it's an iPad 4, so it won't can't download the latest version of 1Password as it will only run iOS 10.3.3

• MarkVig
    MarkVig
    Community Member
    Options

OMG, now I feel really thick. Thanks for rescuing me.....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries! I'm glad Ben was able to help. It sounds like you should be good to go, but we're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.