Release 1.3 published to Chrome Web Store

We just published our first update of December! With the holidays coming up this is likely our only release this month so we made sure to make it a good one :)

Version 1.3 is working its way through the Chrome Web Store update process now and should be available for everyone in about an hour from now. Here's the full changelog for your enjoyment:

[NEW] Search in the 1Password pop-up can now be triggered with Ctrl-F (Command-F on Mac), in addition to simply typing.
[NEW] Fields within item details can now have multiple action buttons.
[IMPROVED] Passwords can be revealed if you have the appropriate permissions.
[IMPROVED] URLs can now be copied as well as opened.
[IMPROVED] Toggling a vault in All Vaults configuration now takes effect immediately, even if you close the pop-up before clicking Done.
[IMPROVED] 1Password button now doesn't overlap the Show password label on the New York Times sign in page.
[IMPROVED] Updated styling of details screen when showing non-Login item types.
[IMPROVED] The inline menu repositions itself if the page is resized.
[IMPROVED] Upgraded to React 16.2. Fragments ftw!
[IMPROVED] Clicking an unlocked account link on the settings now automatically signs you into 1Password.com.
[IMPROVED] Suggested passwords now include numbers.
[FIXED] When showing an item's details, if one section contains more than one generic fields (e.g. two phone number fields), mouse over now will be highlighted correctly.
[FIXED] When mousing over a field in item details, the field no longer steals focus.
[FIXED] Greatly improved reliability when filling multiple times on a page.
[FIXED] The pop-up remained on the lock screen after a successful unlock in certain conditions.

Chrome should install this update for you automatically. Once it does, please let us know how it goes.

Thank you! <3

Comments

• vincent_chernin
    vincent_chernin
    Community Member

[IMPROVED] Clicking an unlocked account link on the settings now automatically signs you into 1Password.com.

By far the most time-saving feature of this update!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vincent_chernin: So glad you like it! And the best is yet to come! :chuffed:

• srcoder
    srcoder
    Community Member

Clicking a locked account still doesn't re-add it as a unlocked account.
    Still need to remove/re-add it every time, after that it's re-added and unlocked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@srcoder: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm not sure I follow though. An account should not unlock unless you enter the Master Password for it. I'm probably just misunderstanding, so if you can tell me the exact steps you're taking I'd appreciate it!

• srcoder
    srcoder
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

Hi @brenty I've already created a seperate ticket for this a while ago, after release 1.0 you cannot unlock 2 separate accounts with 2 passwords, only one will unlock.

The before 1.0 behavior was;

• unlock first account
    • second account via url (password stored in first account, also under my favorites in first account :+1: - )
    • login to second account, items added to extension

After 1.0 behavior is;

• unlock first account
    • open settings
    • remove second(locked) account
    • click "add new account" button
    • select second account
    • login to second account, items added to extension

Reference; https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/400688

Thanks in advance.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@srcoder: Thanks for getting back to me. I think there's some confusion here, but I'm not sure if that's you, me, or both of us, so I appreciate you bearing with me. :blush:

Just to see if we can get on the same page, 1Password is designed with a single Master Password in mind. And similarly, 1Password X will unlock all accounts which can be decrypted using the Master Password entered, while leaving others which require a different Master Password locked until their requisite Master Password(s) is (are) entered. That is very intentional, not a bug, and not something we plan on changing at this time — though nothing is set in stone.

We recommend using a single long, strong Master Password for all accounts rather than trying to remember multiple weaker ones (or forgetting multiple strong ones). I hope this helps clarify our goals here. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions though — or let me know if I've misunderstood something! :)

• quiptix
    quiptix
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

After several days I only see versie 1.2.2 on my Chromebook and in the Webstore. Did I miss a pointer?

Never mind. I followed the link in the first post and somewhere in the line I missed the new link. I had the first beta installed...

Have nice holidays

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, sorry for the confusion there! Version 1.3 is the current stable release, which is identical to the last beta — 1.2.2. Cheers! :)

• srcoder
    srcoder
    Community Member

@brenty I've stored a part of a strong password for the second account in the first account and this is very intentionally.
    To be clear, there are very strong reasons to not use a password I can remember for the secondary account.

So in the past if you unlocked a account via web and it was added to the extension.(which worked for me)
    I'll stick to the work around ;-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@srcoder: I hear you. That may be the case for you, but I'm not sure sure that's typical, and we really need to focus on more common use cases. But I'm glad that you have a workaround that helps in the mean time, and we'll continue to consider your feedback along with the rest we receive. Cheers! :)

• srcoder
    srcoder
    Community Member

Cheers to you to! ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed: :+1:

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

Is there a way to specify which vaults are used by the extension? It seems to include all …

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@odysseus: Thanks for getting in touch! It isn't currently possible to exclude/hide vaults in 1Password X, but it's definitely something we'd like to add in a future version, much like the "All Vaults" preferences in the native apps. Thanks for letting us know you'd like that feature! :chuffed:

• Great question, @odyssus. This is indeed possible but given that neither you nor @brenty could find it, it's clear we need to find a way to make this more discoverable! :)

To customize what vaults are shown in All Vaults, click the 1Password icon in the top left corner of the 1Password popup. This will open the vaults list and from there you can tweak All Vaults by clicking the gear icon there. You can see this in action in the Switch accounts and vaults section of our Get to know 1Password X guide.

I hope that helps. Take care,

++dave;

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

HOLY COW! I never would have thought that there was a second set of "settings" there... Thank you, Dave! :love:

• mitchwag17
    mitchwag17
    Community Member

I just added 1Password X, and it's everything I've been waiting for. But a problem occurs when I want to use 2FA. I first noticed it when I went to Amazon.com, and realized that there was no way to fill the 6 digit code. In the previous 1Password extension, you added the function of the one-time password being copied to the clipboard for easy pasting and that was awesome.

Is there support for this somewhere that I am missing? And if not, is it hopefully in the works?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I just added 1Password X, and it's everything I've been waiting for.

@mitchwag17: Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password X! :chuffed:

But a problem occurs when I want to use 2FA. I first noticed it when I went to Amazon.com, and realized that there was no way to fill the 6 digit code. In the previous 1Password extension, you added the function of the one-time password being copied to the clipboard for easy pasting and that was awesome. Is there support for this somewhere that I am missing? And if not, is it hopefully in the works?

We're definitely looking at adding and improving a number of features now that 1Password X has had its initial debut, but it does support TOTP filling: just click the 1Password X menu and select the login to fill it. If you're on a TOTP form, it should fill that. And if it doesn't, let us know how to find it so we can improve it. I'm not sure how it will go exactly, but we definitely want to make it easier in a future update — whether that means copy to clipboard or something else though, I can't say.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• srcoder
    srcoder
    Community Member

click the 1Password icon in the top left corner of the 1Password popup.

Just WOW! :heart:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Still kicking myself, but yeah, I feel a little bit smarter now. hehe

• Glad I could help you kick yourself, Brenty! :P

• ThomasHovmand
    ThomasHovmand
    Community Member

hi, Have you removed the "password generator" in this latest update? My chrome ext. updated today and now the design has changed and the "password generator" is gone?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ThomasHovmand: 1Password X doesn't have a dedicated password generator yet. Do you perhaps have both (a) 1Password X and (b) the extension for the native apps installed in Chrome? That can cause some confusion:

(a)

(b)

We'll definitely be adding the password generator and many other improvements to 1Password X as we continue to build it though. :)

This discussion has been closed.