Rich Icons [Tutanota and NextCloud]

darrenNZ
darrenNZ
Community Member

Hey Guys,

Could you please add a rich icon for Tutanota encrypted email?

The two URLs are:

Could you also add a NextCloud rich icon? It's a private instance so I'm not sure if this is possible?

I thought 1Password was supposed to automatically detect the favicon.ico or does it work by searching your internal database of rich icons and correlating it against the URL?

Comments

• @darrenNZ,

I've added the public ones to the request list. I will ask about the private one, but I'm not sure which way they'll decide on that one.

Nope, favicon.ico is not involved at all, nor is the apple touch icon either.

It decomposes your url and submits a request to the rich icon server that corresponds to the domain that we extracted from the string you provided in the website field.

Rudy

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member

Thanks.

If favicon.ico or the Apple Touch Icon isn't involved then the 1Password solution for acquiring rich icons won't work for private instances of NextCloud (and I wouldn't expect AgileBits to have to manually add them).

I'll look forward to seeing the Tutanota icon. I'm surprised it's not on there already as ProtonMail has a rich icon.

• @darrenNZ,

If you've also using a Mac ( and I think Windows supports it now too) you can put a custom icon on that item to achieve a similar result. Edit the item and (at least on the Mac) double click on the icon placeholder, it should bring up an image picker that you can then choose an icon to place on the item.

Rudy

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try on my Mac.

I was just about to ask about having an Arq Backup rich icon added.

https://www.arqbackup.com/

I'll give your method a try for my personal NextCloud instance.

Thank you :)

• @darrenNZ,

Added to the request list as well.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.