Filling login with 1Password only works with <enter> key; unable to fill login with mouse click

I have installed 1Password X in Chrome and trying to use it to fill logins but, as the title suggests, I am not able to fill a login by picking the login with the mouse, I have to hover or use the arrow keys to highlight the right login then hit enter. This is not convenient.

Seems there are others in a similar situation. Is there a solution/workaround or an update that will address this issue?

1Password Version: X
Extension Version: 1.3.0
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: 1Password Families
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome 1password X fill password

Comments

• oneslowmonkey
    oneslowmonkey
    Community Member

This probably belongs in the 1Password X thread. Can it be moved?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I have installed 1Password X in Chrome and trying to use it to fill logins but, as the title suggests, I am not able to fill a login by picking the login with the mouse, I have to hover or use the arrow keys to highlight the right login then hit enter. This is not convenient. Seems there are others in a similar situation. Is there a solution/workaround or an update that will address this issue?

@oneslowmonkey: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry you're having trouble getting Chrome to register your mouse clicks! Do you by any chance have the built in password management feature enabled? Try disabling it to see if that helps.

This probably belongs in the 1Password X thread. Can it be moved?

Done. :) :+1:

• Good morning, @oneslowmonkey!

Are you using the Chrome beta perchance? I saw this issue recently myself this week when I was using the beta version of Google Chrome. Once I switched back to the official release everything worked perfectly.

We'll see if we can get things to work in both the Chrome beta and stable channels in the next beta release.

• oneslowmonkey
    oneslowmonkey
    Community Member

Hey @dteare and @brenty thanks for the replies. I'll try both suggestions, starting with disabling the built-in password management.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! Please let us know how it turns out. :chuffed:

• FYI: The latest beta of 1Password X once again works fine in Google Chrome beta. If you're using the beta release of Google Chrome, please use the beta release of 1Password X. If you still encounter issues, please let us know :)

This discussion has been closed.