Feature Request or Advice: Non-searchable Tag Or How Do You Do It?

A non-searchable tag basically, a retired account login or password or any other item that I might want to keep for some reason, trash seems too, well trashy but a "retired" tag might still return it as a result. Or how do others do this (is an "archive" vault too much of a pain or ?)

Thoughts?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@AlwaysSortaCurious: An archive vault seems to be the popular one. I do that myself, and a lot of other folks mention it from time to time here on the forums as well. I originally misunderstood what you meant by a hidden tag, thinking you wanted the tag itself to be hidden...but clearly you mean just a way to hide items that aren't often used. If you're mostly using 1Password mini in your browser (or out of it), setting individual items to "Never display in browser" is a way to remove some clutter there...but admittedly there is no way to set that on many items like that all at once; so an archive vault, which can be hidden from All Vaults, is what I prefer. :)

• Thanks. Yeah. As I was writing the request the archive vault popped into my head. And right, I was looking for a tag that would flag an item as non-searchable

Though I happen to be one of those freaks of nature that prefer the full app window (resized, larger than the mini, but I prefer the fuller features)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

Hi @AlwaysSortaCurious,

As I was writing the request the archive vault popped into my head.

Sounds like your best bet, especially considering:

Though I happen to be one of those freaks of nature that prefer the full app window (resized, larger than the mini, but I prefer the fuller features)

And like brenty mentioned, "Never display in browser" only applies to 1Password mini. It's also unavailable for Secure Note and Password items.

And right, I was looking for a tag that would flag an item as non-searchable

Tagging those items as 'retired' (or whatever helps you distinctly identify them) and editing them in a way that keeps them out of search results you don't want them appearing in (maybe using the notes field for jotting what's been changed) is a possible alternative to moving them to a different vault (excluded from All Vaults. Although as brenty says:

so an archive vault, which can be hidden from All Vaults, is what I prefer. :)

Simply doing that is my personal preference, too. :smile:

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.