Cannon unlock online vault after reboot

Options
komrad
komrad
Community Member

1Password would not let me log in with my online ( allwhere? ) 1Password master password after I rebooted. This is the vault master password that I set up when I signed up for the subscription service, which is different than my previous master vault password for my Dropbox-synced vault.

It worked until I rebooted, I could lock / unlock both vaults with new vault password , switched between online and offline vaults without any problems.

I checked the sections in 1Password-> preferences while the vault was still locked.
Accounts - my online subscription account is listed there.
All Vaults - Empty. Nothing there.
Sync - My old dropbox vault is listed there. I'm keeping it as backup in case I decide to keep the subcription after the trial ends.

I can unlock the app with my old vault password, which my impress is that it should not work since I changed it when I signed up for a subscription - here are the sections when unlocked
Accounts - Unchanged
All vaults - Online and offline/dropbox vaults are listed here.
Sync - Unchanged

My expectation since I have switched to the online subscription service is that the new vault password will unlock the app and give me access to the contents of my password safe even if my computer is offline.

If that is not the case, then is there an automated solution that allows me to use the same master vault password to unlock both the MacOS app and the Web interface? That is how it worked before I signed up for the subscription, 1 password unlocked the vault in the browser extension, and the same password unlocked the MacOS app.

App / OS version
MaOS High Sierra 10.13.2

1Password 6
Version 6.8.5 (685004)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 1.3.0
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: None

Comments

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot edit my OP to add screenshots, but here are 1password version and 1password account section images.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@komrad: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Signing up for a 1Password.com account does not change your Master Password for any local vault you may have already setup. That would be really scary. The 1Password app unlocks with the Master Password for the first vault/account setup in it, so, since you still have your local vault (Primary, sync'd with Dropbox it sounds like) there, that's the Master Password you need to unlock until you remove it. If and when you remove any local vaults, so that you only have a 1Password.com account setup in the app, then the Master Password for the 1Password.com account (or, the first one in the list, if you have more than one) will be the one used for unlocking.

Are you able to sign into your account on 1Password.com and view all of your data there?

https://start.1password.com/vaults/all

If so, you can disable local vaults in the app under Preferences > Advanced. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.