Suggested passwords: meeting website password requirements

kaymac01
kaymac01
Community Member
edited December 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Was just prompted by this site to update/reset my password. The suggested password from the Chrome extension had no special characters and the site required them. I had to manually modify 1Password's suggested password to create a password that would conform.

Surely this should be configurable somewhere, no? Preferably, right in the password fill-in field. This would be simpler if there was a password generator whose length and complexity could be configured in the extension

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.5 (685004)
Extension Version: 1.3.0
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kaymac01: Sorry for the confusion there! It is configurable if you use 1Password for Mac (or Windows) with its browser extension, but it looks like you're using the new 1Password X instead. We do want to make 1Password X more powerful as we release future versions of it, and a full password generator is definitely on the list. In the mean time, you can generate passwords in the desktop app, the web interface, or use the desktop app's extension instead:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• kaymac01
    kaymac01
    Community Member

It does help and I've switched back to the regular extension (i.e. away from 1Password X) and and am happy now. I'll restrict the use of 1Password X to my chromebook for the moment.

• @kaymac01: Glad brenty was able to help out and that you've found a solution that works for you. Hopefully we'll be able to improve the suggested passwords in 1Password X soon and you can give it another try on your other devices. :chuffed:

• kajsa_a
    kajsa_a
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

FYI, I was creating an account, and 1Password X wasn't suggesting a generated password. I've fallen back to the original extension, but wanted to make you aware of it. This is 1.3.0, in Chrome on Windows 7.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kajsa_a: Can you tell us where you encountered that issue? We'd love to test it and find a way to improve it. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.