[REQ] 2FA filling shortcut

Hello,

I like 1password, I am using now around 30 websites with 2FA. I know 2FA is automatically copied to clipboard once filling the password on website, but I would need to get 2FA very quickly (I am crypto trader, doing withdrawals, some bigger orders and so on require just 2FA, so I need to get it quickly). Could be possible to add 2FA icon in menu in browser extension, so when I click on it I get 2FA?

On the right side of the "AgileBits Discussions" could be 2FA icon, once I click on it, 2FA code is copied in my clipboard

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@2ge: It isn't something we're working on right now, but it's something we can consider for the future. The problem is that, while I really like your idea, that would be a bit difficult to pull off. We're just using standard macOS UI there, so there's no easy way to make part of the item react differently to a mouse click than another right in the menu inline there. We'd have to make some big changes to the whole thing. However, I can definitely see how it would be useful in that scenario, and it is a really cool idea. In the mean time, you may want to setup separate login items for additional TOTP codes if you use them frequently. 1Password is not at all designed to support multiple TOTP codes per login at this point (it's only ever come up this past month), but it is designed to make it easy to fill or copy individual logins. That way as soon as you select one, you'll get its current TOTP code copied to the clipboard. Cheers! :)

• 2ge
    2ge
    Community Member

@brenty I am happy you like the idea and of course I understand the technical difficulties. I thought about this whole concept and I got another idea. In EDIT menu there would be "shortcut item" (can flag it like that, it can be actually username, password or TOTP or whatever, 1 item). This would be in the menu like I described. But without bloating the dropdown and maybe for now more easy to implement, it would react (well it is inline and it can be problem too, not sure) to clicking on leading ICON of site on the left. It is pretty hidden like that (and I understand, some users would probably not like it, because it changes default behavior...but this could be configurable in some Preferences "Assign shortcut item to icon", default would be without it, but advanced users could use this hidden gem :) Maybe in some beta version, just for try. It would help me (and other users) a lot.

Thanks for workaround with TOTP workaround for now, I understand the concept.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@2ge: You're welcome! And that's another interesting idea. Maybe we can do something like that in a future version to give more flexibility to logins. I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas, and we're here if you have any other comments, questions, or feedback. :chuffed:

• 2ge
    2ge
    Community Member

@brenty thanks a lot for great support. Merry Xmas and cheers to all 1password team, you are doing wonderful work.

• @2ge: Thanks for the support! It's always nice to be appreciated. :chuffed: Another thing you might find helpful right now is anchoring an item from mini to keep it visible for you. When you view the item details in mini, you can click the anchor icon to keep those item details pulled up allowing you to copy any field quickly from there. Not the best if you have a bunch of different items you'd need to grab TOTP codes from, but if you have one item with all of them, you can anchor it for easy access. :+1:

• 2ge
    2ge
    Community Member

@bundtkate actually this was helpful. I can make item name "2FA" and put all my 2FA codes. Then according the website I can just click on it and copy. Thanks for the tip!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.