exchange MAC license for PC

enstromflier
enstromflier
Community Member

I recently sold my MAC book and got a PC notebook as a replacement. I have been a 1password customer for years but had just tried the subscription on the MAC but never used it as I had migration troubles. When I sold the MAC and reformatted the hard drive, i lost my emergency kit.

Now i would simply like to get a new license / emergency kit for my PC. I simply want to "start over" on the PC and migrate my 1password version 4 dropbox files to the web. can you help? I don't want to have to buy the PC one year license since I just bought the MAC license and never used it.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@enstromflier: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! First of all, congratulations on the new laptop! I think I'm almost ready for one too... :lol:

To be clear, licenses are not transferrable or exchangeable/interchangeable, and we do not currently offer Windows licenses since the old version has been discontinued and we're working on the new one now. You can, however, get all of the apps, the web interface, and not have to deal with license management or sync configuration anymore by using a 1Password.com membership — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. That's also the only way you'll have an Emergency Kit, etc. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits though, and if you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here, we'll be happy to help you make the transition. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.