Adding a field to a login

A page I need to visit to log data weekly for my employer has an extra field... before the username and pw fields. See attached screen shot if I do this correctly!

Is it possible to have the "Company ID" autofilled when I use 1Password to launch the site? Right now it entered my username and PW, but I have go enter the Company ID (all numbers) from the keyboard.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.4
Extension Version: (684001)
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MKerk: It's impossible for me to say without the URL, but it's likely you can have 1Password fill for you there. It sounds like the problem is that you're trying to create a login by hand in the app. Don't. Use the 1Password extension in your browser instead. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site there will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• MKerk
    MKerk
    Community Member

It worked just as you described Brenty! Still navigating the learning curve... I would be lost without 1Password!

Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! It isn't immediately obvious, especially since many sites "just work", but when you save a login using the browser extension, 1Password learns more about the page, which can help it fill later on. And of course we're here to help no matter what. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.