So 1password has been running my life for years. Now converting to family plan. I've done a lot of reading on the site (and emailing with Laura, which has been helpful) but I am getting confused and nervous- possibly just with my not understanding current terminology. Let me explain my goal, then I'll tell you what's confusing me...
Me, wife, daughter, my dad... all need individual/private vault. I'll prob give my wife my master pword and I'll have hers.... you know- just in case emergency happens. We'll both have my daughter's- she's young and we need to sometimes "monitor" what she's doing online. My dad is aging, and wants me to have access to all his 'stuff'. Now, possibly 'shared' might be something to look at (as Laura suggested to me), but none of us want to get involved in "Hmmm, is this TD Bank account mine, or Dad's?"... and I cannot trust that he'd be as proactive as we'd need about properly naming accounts when saving them... I can't chance mixing my stuff with his. And my daughter.... we need access to her stuff but don't want her to have access to ours. So I think 'shared' is out of the question (unless you make it make more sense to me).
I set up the family acct last night and it's using my Master Password that I've always used with my (dropbox stored) vault. I successfully set up a few devices and got rid of the original (primary) vault. Some things I noticed:
1) Putting app or software on my devices required entering the Master Pword and Secret Key. When I "invite" family members, will they create their own Master Pword (and secret key) and use them to install on their device(?).... or will they need MINE?
2) As the 'Admin', I will "see" their vaults when I'm logged in, but they won't see mine... is that correct?
3) Let's say that I DO know their Master Password... can I simply switch over to their vault ON MY DEVICE on occasion?
4) I installed 1Password X into Chrome last night.... NICE! But what's avail for those not using Chrome (ie: Dad on Firefox)?
5) Just terminology: Will each family member have an "account"? Why would one want/need/have multiple "Accounts"?
6) Is 300 minutes the max that i can keep the browser extension signed in, or am I doing something wrong?
Sorry long winded- trying to be very clear with questions.
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided