Why can't I install the Safari extension?

jerryedinger
jerryedinger
Community Member

I followed several of the suggestions in the forum and still can not install it. I deleted sever versions from my MAC, I get Safari can not install this extension an error ocured.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why can't I install the Safari extension

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jerryedinger: It sounds like you've already got it installed but Safari didn't properly clear it out so it can't be reinstalling. If you're not able to remove it in Safari Preferences > Extensions or from ~/Library/Safari/Extensions/, it may be necessary to reset Safari's extensions database:

1. Open a Finder window and use the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘G (Shift Command G) to open a Go to folder window.
    2. Use the following location: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.Extensions.plist and click the Go button.
    3. Drag the highlighted file to the Trash.
    4. Launch Keychain Access which you can find in /Applications/Utilities/ or using a Spotlight search.
    5. Search for safari and right-click on Safari Extensions List and select the Delete "Safari Extensions List" option.
    6. In Finder go to the following folder (using the same method as detailed in step 1) to go to ~/Library/Safari/
    7. Drag the entire Extensions folder to the Trash
    8. Then restart you Mac and Safari, which will recreate the folder and hopefully sort out any permissions issues as well

If you're still having trouble, this discussion in Apple's forums might help, or you may need to contact Apple directly for assistance.

• jerryedinger
    jerryedinger
    Community Member

THAT FIXED IT... Thank you so much for your help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jerryedinger - on behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to help you sort everything out. :)

This discussion has been closed.