where are the folders on IOS?

Options
pajero
pajero
Community Member

where are the folders on IOS?

why aren't MAC and IOS versions seamless?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:folders on iphone

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pajero,

If you’re using a standalone vault (syncing with Dropbox or iCloud) then you can find folders under the ‘organize’ tab. If you’re using a 1Password.com membership there are no folders. Please consider using tags instead.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• pajero
    pajero
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks...I sync with iCloud.

Must be stupid or blind...don't see "organise" anywhere

• Ben
    Options

@pajero,

It should be at the bottom of the screen along with Favorites, Categories, and Settings. Please let us know how you make out. :)

Ben

• pajero
    pajero
    Community Member
    Options

its not there

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2017
    Options

@pajero

It appears you do not have the Pro features enabled:

Pro features in 1Password for iOS

This is a separate purchase from 1Password for Mac.

Ben

• pajero
    pajero
    Community Member
    Options

OK... bought it...not all the folders are on the IOS. Furthermore, IOS shows 393 items and MAC shows 361 (thats the correct #) running 6.8.5 on MAC with OSX 10.13.2...do you want a troubleshoot utility report?

• Ben
    Options

If your data is not syncing properly via iCloud please see this guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• pajero
    pajero
    Community Member
    Options

got rid of iCloud and moved over to Dropbox...total number of items is now identical. Some folders are still missing.if I go to membership I would lose the syncing of folders?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pajero: Sort of. 1Password.com does not use folders at all though. Instead it uses tags for organization, since they're more flexible and reliable for syncing. Glad to hear that Dropbox is working well for you for now though, and be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• pajero
    pajero
    Community Member
    Options

Tags--searching for a "how to create tags" on your site...does one exist?

• Ben
    Options

We don't have such an article but if you're used to working with folders... tags are similar but more flexible. For example an item can have multiple tags applied to it, whereas it can only exist in one folder. When editing an item you can type whatever tags you'd like to apply to it into the tags field... e.x. "banking, finances" would apply both the "banking" and the "finances" tag to that item.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pajero,

We don't have any separate articles about tags, like Ben mentioned, although they're mentioned in other ones, including:

Hopefully that's useful for you, and maybe other info in those articles. :)

This discussion has been closed.