To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Force MacOS client to sync with account

smeerbartje
smeerbartje
Community Member

I have a situation as follows:

• I have added a new login item on computer 1
  • On my iOS device, the new login shows up fine
  • On the online version of 1password, the new item also shows up fine
  • But on my second computer, it doesn't show up.

I tried to

• Restart 1password on my second computer
  • Restart MacOS on my second computer

But this doesn't help. Is there a way to "force" 1password to sync with the server?
I have a paid (family) subscription, so no iCloud or Dropbox syncing here :)

1Password Version: 6.8.5 (build 685004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Family account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@smeerbartje: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like they are both Macs. Is that correct? Since we know that the data is syncing (since it's available on 1Password.com and your other devices), it sounds like there's something different on that one computer. Do you have a Primary (local) vault there? Do you have your 1Password Families account setup in the app there as well? There is no "sync" button since, as you noted, it happens automatically for everything else. It's just the one computer that's the problem. But 1Password will try to connect to the server when unlocking. Let me know what you find!

• smeerbartje
    smeerbartje
    Community Member

Hey Breny, thanks for your (quick) reply. Unfortunately the Macbook (indeed both macs) still hasn't synced the new item. So I tried the following:

1. I added a new (temp) item on the wrongly-synced macbook.
    2. Straight away, the new (temp) item was synced to online and then the backlog is also synced.

So everything is in-sync now. My conclusion: the macbook was in some kind of error-state. So there is something wrong with the sync mechanism... at least, I think :).

Can I provide you with more info? Some kind of debug output?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@smeerbartje: Yes, thank you! Glad to hear it's working, but I'd love to get a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what happened there:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Let me know once you've sent it. Thanks in advance!

ref: AHR-55112-573

• smeerbartje
    smeerbartje
    Community Member

Done :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hey @smeerbartje - I've replied to you via email regarding your diagnostics report; let's keep the conversation going over there. :)

This discussion has been closed.