To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Import dropbox hosted vault to windows 6.8 version

Options
alexstjo
alexstjo
Community Member

I am using the windows 4.0 version of 1password with the vault on dropbox.

I am trying import my vault from dropbox to your membership version. your import function on 6.8 asks for a .1PIF file. DON't SEEM TO HAVE it. I have a backup but can't import that either. you make this so hard!

where are these files the the 6.8 version is asking for?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• marcusyeo
    marcusyeo
    Community Member
    Options

There's 2 option to import in 6.8: .1PIF and AgileKeyChain/OPVault folder. Dropbox uses agilekeychain option.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexstjo - sorry for the confusion! @marcusyeo is correct - .1pif is our export format (1Password Interchange Format). You can create one of these by exporting your data. However, there's no need to do so, as version 6 can also import the sync keychain format Agile Keychain (.agilekeychain, our older format), as well as OPVault (.opvault, our newer format).

These keychains would be in your Dropbox folder, wherever you located them when you began sync, typically either at the root of your Dropbox folder, or in /Apps/1Password, but it can vary depending on what you selected. You should be able to use the Select A Folder option to get to the proper file in Dropbox. Let us know how that goes for you!

• alexstjo
    alexstjo
    Community Member
    Options

After a reboot the select a folder worked. not sure what was hung up. thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexstjo -- you're quite welcome! Glad you're back on your feet; let us know if there's anything else you need.

This discussion has been closed.