Extension slowing windows whenever browser opened

Options

I am using 1password on Windows 7. This problem just started this morning when I turned my computer on (and after another restart). There was no problem previously. Whenever I open a browser with the 1password extension running (I have tried Firefox and Chrome), my computer mouse becomes very slow to respond, as though the computer is bogged down. It makes my computer unusable. Please let me know what to do to fix this.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Cannot look up because slow computer
OS Version: Win7 Professional Service pack 1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ScottYoung: Certain drivers (notably Logitech) are known to cause issues like this, but without more information it's hard to say what's going on. Can you be more specific about what you're doing?

Whenever I open a browser with the 1password extension running (I have tried Firefox and Chrome), my computer mouse becomes very slow to respond, as though the computer is bogged down.

1Password 4 hasn't changed, so I wonder if you installed or updated something that's conflicting. It's really pretty important to know the extension version you're using, as that may be out of date. Also, what do you have checked in Help > Advanced?

• ScottYoung
    ScottYoung
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info.

• I am using extension version 4.6.12.90
    • In the Help>Advanced menu, I have 'Verify web browser code signature' and 'Use Native Messaging protocol'
    • I don't know of anything that I installed or updated, but I will check further.
    • As as far as being more specific about what I'm doing, there isn't much special. When I enable the extension, it is like my mouse position only updates once every 2 seconds. Therefore, it is very difficult to interact with the computer this way. As soon as I disable the extension, my mouse position updates like usual.

Please let me know if there is anything you can think of. I will let you know if I figure anything out.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ScottYoung: Hmm. Thank you! Frankly I've never heard of something quite this extreme. I'm really sorry about that. I can only imagine how maddening that must be! I see you've also contacted us via email, so I'll reply there shortly to get some more details to see if we can figure this out.

ref: QAD-41985-877

• Sk_illed
    Sk_illed
    Community Member
    Options

Same exact issue. For me it starts as soon as I hit the 1password button on firefox. The menu does not pop up and my computer bogs down like crazy. If I try to minimize firefox it will automatically re-maximize. I have completely uninstalled FF, I have no other addons, completely removed the install folders, etc. If I manage to disable the 1password extension, my computer instantly returns to full speed.

• Sk_illed
    Sk_illed
    Community Member
    Options

It started for me in early december I believe. 1password 4.6.2.626 extension: 4.6.12.90 ff quantum: 57.02

• Hi @Sk_illed,

Thanks for reporting this. Please do this, it should fix the issue:

1. Close your web browsers and 1Password
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\AgileBits
    3. Move the OPX4.auth file to your desktop
    4. Restart 1Password, unlock and then open your browser, see if it works better now.
  • Sk_illed
    Sk_illed
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike! Worked.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.