Is there a way to set up multiple shared vaults with limited access in a family account?

jhclawson
jhclawson
Community Member

I would like to set up multiple shared vaults with specified permissions. Example - one vault for general family access (kids included) & one vault for parents only (i.e. bill & banking). Is this possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Multiple shared vaults

Comments

• jhclawson
    jhclawson
    Community Member

I neglected to include that I haven’t moved to the family option yet, I’m in research mode right now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jhclawson: Thanks for getting in touch! Great questions! :)

I would like to set up multiple shared vaults with specified permissions. Example - one vault for general family access (kids included) & one vault for parents only (i.e. bill & banking). Is this possible?

Yep! Each family member you invite will get their very own Private vault (which only they can access), access to the Shared vault (everyone), but then you can create as many other vaults as you wish and share them with one, all, or none of your family members:

Manage vaults

I neglected to include that I haven’t moved to the family option yet, I’m in research mode right now.

No problem! We're here to answer any questions you have about 1Password...but I will say that it might help if you just sign up, since you can try it out for 30 days. It's pretty intuitive, and also for the things that aren't intuitive to you, our answers to your questions will make more sense in context. You can get started — either with your actual family or a fake one just to test with — here:

Share 1Password with your family

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jhclawson
    jhclawson
    Community Member

This does help. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! We're here if you need anything else. Happy new year! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.