To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Had App, now have family plan - need help

Options
smthomp09
smthomp09
Community Member

My Netflix account was recently hijacked, and although I have had 1password, I was not using it. I decided to move to the family plan and signed up for that today. I had several logins in the App version, but I would like to start over. When trying to update the logins, it appears to be updating the app version, not my family account version. How do I get to a place to either delete the app version or set the Safari plugin to use my family account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• smthomp09
    smthomp09
    Community Member
    Options

I figured it out :) I opened the 1password app on my mac, deleted the Primary vault. Now my family account is the only thing available! Ready to go! Here is to a more secure 2018 - and no more accounts hijacked!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My Netflix account was recently hijacked, and although I have had 1password, I was not using it. I decided to move to the family plan and signed up for that today. I had several logins in the App version, but I would like to start over. When trying to update the logins, it appears to be updating the app version, not my family account version. How do I get to a place to either delete the app version or set the Safari plugin to use my family account?

@smthomp09: This is so awesome! I mean...hmm...I'm not happy that your Netflix account was compromised, but I think if I had to have an account compromised that would be a pretty good deal, since the worst they could do is binge bad movies and mess up my recommendations. So it's great that it inspired you to take control of your family's security going into the new year! :sunglasses: :+1:

I figured it out :) I opened the 1password app on my mac, deleted the Primary vault. Now my family account is the only thing available! Ready to go! Here is to a more secure 2018 - and no more accounts hijacked!

Indeed, if anyone else has the Primary vault hanging around and no longer need it after migrating to a 1Password.com membership, it can be deleted from the app to avoid confusion:

1Password for Mac: Preferences > Advanced > uncheck local vaults

1Password for iOS: Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete

It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you have any questions (even those you manage to answer for yourself!), comments, or suggestions. I hope you and your family have a safe — and secure! — new year! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.