My computer had to be re-formatted and now I can't access 1Password. I need help, please.

camoreno
camoreno
Community Member

I either do not have or can't find my Secret Key. My 1Password is working on my iphone and iPad but can't get it back online on my computer.

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My computer had to be re-formatted and now I can't access 1Password. I need help, please.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@camoreno: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that! To be clear, you'll only have an account with a Secret Key if you have a 1Password.com membership. And if you do, you can easily find that in 1Password for iOS under Settings > Accounts.

But if you've been using 1Password without a membership, you can sync your data from another device (like you iPhone or iPad) or create a new vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help! :)

ref: JUF-46136-786

• camoreno
    camoreno
    Community Member

Thank you, Brenty, for responding. I still do need some help because I'm at a loss as to what kind of account setup I have. Somehow, I got 1Password working again on my computer (it was already still working on my iPhone and iPad) by using the iCloud and accepting the window that asked if I would like Mini 1Password to open. I don't know what that means, but I'm happy that I can once again use 1Password. My husband has 1Password on his computer and iPhone, but we do not have a family plan. We need some setup help to have this great software working the best for us and to avoid ever losing it again. Can you help us? Is it possible to set up a support call which would greatly expedite fixing this mess? Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@camoreno: It sounds like you don't have an account at all. Those don't use iCloud at all (which it sounds like is how you've been syncing your data), and you'll only have one if you've been paying for a 1Password.com membership, which haven't been around for very long — and you'd have to have signed up for one. We do not have a call center, but it's impossible to communicate diagnostics and detailed instructions via voice anyway. I see you've also emailed us separately, so I'll follow up with you there to get some more information and help you get things sorted out. :)

ref: JUF-46136-786

• camoreno
    camoreno
    Community Member

Brenty, how do we continue to communicate? My husband and I are baffled about this whole thing. My husband has been communicating with AgileBits, too, with Louise, and she just now confirmed that we have a family account. When my husband gave me the account information to get set up last week, it didn't help me at all. Louise just sent a long response to my husband about our account. Is it possible for you to talk with Louise?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@camoreno All of us here have (more or less) regular work hours, but they're quite staggered, mostly because we're spread out across globe, from Scotland to Malaysia to Atlanta to New Zealand. That helps us ensure there's someone here virtually all the time, but it also means that you won't necessarily be speaking with the same person, depending on what time of day you write in.

The best advice I can give you for this is to confine your communications to one channel instead of writing in via email and also here at the forum or on Twitter. We try to have multiple ways to contact us because we know each person's preferences and situation is different, but when we have two or three threads in different media going on regarding the same person's issue, it can wind up unnecessarily consuming a lot of people's time. Because you emailed us as well as posting here, I see brenty asked you to continue the conversation over there. I'd like to second that request, especially since we're likely going to be discussing personal details about your 1Password setup that shouldn't be shared here in this public forum. Thanks for understanding, and please send in the diagnostics reports brenty was asking you for in his email reply. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.