Chrome extension requires multiple master password entry and doesn’t load logins

Windows 10 (current on updates), Chrome (current on updates), 1Password (current on updates), Chrome extension (current, reinstalled). On first use after machine and browser startup...first attempt to login into any website, 1Password requests master password, accepts it, then does nothing. When called for again (Carl + /), 1Password request master password again, and disappears again with no action. Can only get logged in by launching 1Password from launcher, entering master password and manually copying and pasting logins. Occasionally it will start working. Very frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome extension requires multiple master password entry and doesn’t load logins

Comments

• @RichCoomes: I'm sorry you're having trouble filling here! I know you said you're current on 1Password updates, but on Windows you could be using two different "up-to-date" versions, so I have to ask -- are you using 1Password 4 for Windows or 1Password 6 for Windows? Also, do you use 1Password in any other browsers (Firefox? Edge?) and are you having the same trouble there? This will help us hunt down the problem. Thanks! :chuffed:

• RichCoomes
    RichCoomes
    Community Member

Windows...6.8.488, Chrome...reinstalled today, only using Chrome extension on this PC. IOS devices working great.

• RichCoomes
    RichCoomes
    Community Member

I notice that when I launch Chrome after a machine restart...a 1Password splash appears and disappears as Chrome loads. Not sure if that helps.

• @RichCoomes: That brief appearance of the 1Password window is just a result of a little Windows quirk. It's quick enough not everyone will notice, but I see it each time myself and all is well for me so it's highly unlikely this has anything to do with your problem. I'm not aware of any known issues with filling with 1Password 6, so I'd like to take a look at some diagnostics from your PC:

Create a diagnostics report (Windows)

Don't post your diagnostics here, but instead please send them to us at support+windows@1password.com and include a link to this thread in your e-mail so we can connect the dots when they arrive. Thanks! :chuffed:

• RichCoomes
    RichCoomes
    Community Member

Will do...interesting as I try to log into 1Password now, it accepts the master, opens the app for a second, then it “closes” and prompts for the master password again. I’ll restart and keep trying to get in so I can send the diagnostics report.

• RichCoomes
    RichCoomes
    Community Member

Sent

• @RichCoomes: Found the diagnostics, thank you! And thank you for the extra detail about the main app -- I've actually see this happen once before, so I'm curious if you're encountering a similar issue to another customer I spoke with in the past. We'll take a look at your diagnostics and get back with you via e-mail. Thanks again and happy New Year! :chuffed:

ref: VJM-69295-154

This discussion has been closed.