1Password-x freezes

akshaybabloo
akshaybabloo
Community Member
edited December 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

After clicking on the icon on the Chrome toolbar, if you mouse click on any part of the popped-up 1Password-x, it freezes. If I don't click anywhere, I can enter the password and login but if I click, the app freezes that means I cannot select any credit card or logins.

There is no problem when using this after logging in as far as I don't use the app from the toolbar.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@akshaybabloo: Thanks for reaching out! I'm not able to reproduce this, but it sounds a bit like a known issue with Chrome. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "freezes", but does double-clicking instead of single-clicking work? Do you perhaps have Chrome's password manager enabled and that's conflicting?

• akshaybabloo
    akshaybabloo
    Community Member

@brenty The icon works fine, as in when I click on the icon it pops up asking me to enter the password. The problem comes when I click on the 1Password window (anywhere on the windows so that the focus of the cursor is removed), the mouse doesn't respond, that means I can't bring the cursor back to the "Enter your Master Password" field to type in the password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@akshaybabloo: Hmm. Thank you for clarifying. That's what I thought you meant, but it's good to get confirmation. I'm just not seeing anything like that here: if I click somewhere else, I can still go back and use 1Password X normally. Can you tell me which OS and browser version you're using?

• akshaybabloo
    akshaybabloo
    Community Member

@brenty: I am on WIndows 10 and using chrome 63.0.3239.108

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@akshaybabloo: Yeah, I'm using Windows 10 Professional here with the same stable version of Chrome, and I'm not seeing anything like that at all. And given that browser extensions — 1Password X or otherwise — don't have system access, there's something else going on in your case. Do you have 3rd party display or input software that could be interfering? What do you see in Event Viewer when this happens?

• akshaybabloo
    akshaybabloo
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

@brenty Okay I think I got where the problem is, I have three screens attached to my computer, one with 4K and others with 1080p. The extension doesn't work if the chrome window is on the 1080p screens.

Can't find Chrome in Event Viewer, but I have tried using - chrome://net-internals - the only thing I see in that is url_requests no errors in that. Any other debug method I should try?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@akshaybabloo: That really doesn't sound like Chrome; it sounds like it may be a display issue (though it could be between that and Chrome interacting). It sounds like you won't encounter this issue without the 1080p screens connected. What if you connect only one of the 1080p screens? I'd restart Windows with that configuration to test it, and Safe mode is worth a try too. Make sure you have the latest drivers both for your GPU(s) driving the displays and the displays themselves. I'm not sure exactly what you'd need to look for in Event Viewer, but you might see if there are any display errors there. I have all kinds of issues when connecting external displays to my PC, but nothing quite like that, or involving Chrome. I think that's the right track, but a little experimentation should help narrow it down for sure. Let me know what you find!

• akshaybabloo
    akshaybabloo
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

@brenty I have tried it, but still no luck. I am using the latest drivers for my GPU, and the CPU graphic drivers are also up to date. The event viewer shows the same thing - url_requests. Even, I have tried disabling chrome flags that did not help either.

It's happening with other chrome extensions as well. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall Chrome.

• akshaybabloo
    akshaybabloo
    Community Member

@brenty Yep, there seems to be a display issue because I am not able to use the extensions in the Firefox as well. I am not sure why this is happening even though I have the latest drivers. Any extensions of the frame of Chrome or Firefox has UI issues.

I'll update this form if I get any solution. Thanks for the help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@akshaybabloo: I'm really sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you were able to narrow it down at least. It's hard to know where to go for help in those situations. Generally just updating everything helps...but if it's a bug they haven't fixed yet, perhaps introduced in a recent driver update, you may have to wait a bit. Try contacting the manufacturer. If it's a known issue, they may have a workaround for it. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.