Auto Locking when Locking Windows

Can you guys provide an option in OnePassword X to DO NOT lock it automatically when we lock Windows? I am locking roughly 15-20 times a day my computer at work and need every time to enter the password again. Honestly this is a pain in the neck. I understand that it could be for security reasons but please allow me to do it in some advanced options.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Would be great to have 1password having his own DB of nice logos for websites to avoid to edit them

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@thatann44: Thanks for getting in touch! It's something we'll consider, but we don't want to lower the bar for security unnecessarily. For example, if you're locking the machine, arguably it's for good reason. Can you tell me more about what you're trying to do? Maybe there's something else that can help. :)

• Yes, so to be honest I reverted to OnePassword 6 on Windows, just because of that. When I lock my computer (windows) I don't want OnePassword to be locked as well. Otherwise I need to unlock windows and unlock OnePassword everytime which is painful. You already provided the option to disable this in OnePassword6 but not in X. Can you please add it?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@thatann44: Indeed, 1Password 6 already has a year of development behind it. We've got a lot of other features we still want to add to 1Password X since its release a few weeks ago. Like I said, it's something we'll consider. Thanks for letting us know you'd like that option. :)

• Cool thanks @brenty !

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Likewise, thank you for your feedback on how you'd like 1Password X improved! It's always good to know what people are looking for. :chuffed:

• Please move this up on the wish list. Having to unlock the computer and then 1Password X is getting mildly annoying but will soon move into the extremely irritating category... ;)

Starting to get complaints from some of our test users before we deploy it company wide.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Cartman: Thanks for getting in touch! I'd love to hear more about your setup and use case. We don't have the same system access with 1Password X running solely in the browser, but perhaps we can make it work in conjunction with our native apps in the future to allow more granular security options. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file